Tuesday, January 13, 2009

checklist

1. Car seat inspected by the fire department- check
2. Baby bag packed with clothes, diapers and everything else she could possibly need- check
3. My fancy car seat has arrived that I have been patiently waiting for- check
4. My house is clean- check
5. The carpet and Gracie's chair has been steam cleaned- check
6. My hospital bag is packed and ready to go-check
7. Ted's hospital bag is packed and also...ready to go- check
8. Ted's parents and my Sister have the hospital address in their garmin- check
9. Notes are prepared for any guests that stay at our house while I'm in the hospital (Gracie's eating schedule, house rules (ha!), local food options and the address to the Grocery store (since Dad won't be here to go...) -check
10. Guest bedroom ready, towels washed, extra blankets up-stairs (Christina-bring your space heater as the 3rd level is cold and I know how you are!)-check
11. Nursery and bassinet are ready-check
12. Camera by the door, battery charged-check

So little EPC..........we're ready. So we think we're ready..... Do you understand how excited we all are to meet you? I am wondering what you will look like and who you will resemble. I had dreams you look like my Mom, brown hair and blue eyes-that would be so nice. But I'll take anything, as long as you're healthy and happy. I'm sad my Mom won't be there, she was the greatest E. She was young, and so pretty and silly....my Dad would have walked in with a pair of tap shoes, or better yet a pair of track cleats, he loved attending my track meets for 8 years during middle and high school. Don't worry, there will be sooo many wonderful people there to greet you into the World and throughout the 1st year of your life, you will get to meet all our wonderful friends and family that mean the world to us and are going to love you as they have loved and supported us throughout our marriage. Beware, my Sister Christina-your Aunt, is bound to spoil you rotten and she shouldn't as she needs to save her money, and she will be obsessed with you. Just wait. That is her nature. I guess she gets a little of this from me as I adore my Aydan, your cousin.
Enjoy your last few days or perhaps longer being all warm, safe and cuddly........but we all promise to keep you that way when you enter the World!
All of our love from above and here on Earth, you have been our faith for the past 9 months and my hope for a happy and loving future.

Your "Mommy" to be

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Melissa, This is such a BEAUTIFUL POST!!!!!!!
I'm still crying...
I can't wait to see you three together.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, your precious daughter will be so very blessed to have you as her MOMMY ;) Although she will never meet your mom & dad on this side of Heaven, she will DEFINITELY see and feel their presence through YOU. You have such a kind and loving spirit - a TRUE reflection of your parents. Our thoughts and prayers are with as you prepare for her birth. ~Sissy & Tim Pinnegar (your cousin Jessica's next door neighbor)

Anonymous said...

I love this post Melissa!! The excitement and happiness is felt and I am so excited for you and Ted to meet your little angel. That will be the greatest moment of your life!
Wishing you all much love and happiness.
~Tanya (Arizona)

Kelli said...

What a perfect post. I'm wiping the tears from my eyes. I am so excited for you and Ted and your families. She is going to be such a beauty!