Sunday, March 10, 2013

hey there stranger

Well, hello!

I haven't written in so long!  It has been such a busy month since Elle's birthday.

Work has been crazy for both Ted and I and have traveled much of February for work. Though I missed the kids, I had an amazing week in FL. First I got to experience the Daytona 500 event VIP style with Kroger. We stayed at a beautiful place right on the Ocean..I got to share a suite with two super fun co-workers that I respect very much and had fun events throughout the weekend. Our team even was recognized for having the best display of the year for the Kroger Daytona program in-store so that was exciting. We had one day where there was nothing on the agenda until dinner so we laid in the sun for several hours, walked on the beach, ordered lunch by the pool and met up with our mgmt for manicures and pedicures and a round of margaritas. It was awesome....Elle and Harrison were doing great so I felt I could really enjoy myself. They were back at Gramma and Grampa's house for the week so Ted wouldn't be overwhelmed on his own with being so busy at work. They had a new theme each day..from trains to princesses and enjoyed building their first ever snow man! Grampa even made it blue with a pink scarf. I cannot tell how you hard it is not have my Mom and Dad as grandparents but I am beyond thankful we have Cindy and Steve. They are always there for us despite the heartache we still feel.

After Daytona we headed to Orlando for our annual National meeting where the sales force gathered for four days to review accomplishments, business results, training and where we are headed as an organization. I have always felt this way, but SCJ is a really special company to work with. Our CEO brought his Mother who everyone loves, they shared stories about the Johnson family and played this incredible video of her driving around in her old beat up car giving us a tour of Racine, WI where our World HQ is located. And then after giving us an amazing speech straight from the heart, my named was pulled out of hundreds to come up and meet her, she gave me a gift (long story, you wouldn't understand but I received dinosaur poop! from her World travels) and I got to give her a big hug. I couldn't believe my name was chosen out of so many....thank gosh I had a great dress on that day, ha!

And the week could not have gone any better...that same day I was recognized as the best in class and got to go back on stage to accept the award. Last year was a good year for me from a business perspective so it felt good to be recognized for the hard work. Despite what my family has faced, I sure have been blessed from a career perspective and have never let my performance or dedication slide. I truly adore my coworkers on the team and love the company so right now I feel I am in a good place. I look forward to this next year as Ted talks with his company and we brainstorm with mine on what is next for the Close Family. The thought of leaving Cinci makes me cry...we love it here and have plans to send Elle off to St Mary's next fall that is walking distance to our house, we adore our friends and love everything about our neighborhood. But, god may have other plans for us...we shall see.

I worry as I approach April...I wish we could skip it. I have been stressed trying to determine what we could possibly due to mark the five years they have been gone. five years...wow. But I am coming to grips that it will never be good enough and it may cause more pain than happiness to do something big.Honestly what I want to do this year is raise awareness of mental illness. So, I am working on partnering with NAMI...the largest mental health association. I don't have any of the details yet but there will be a walk in September in MI that I went to build a team for, set goals to raise money in their honor and get as many friends and family to join us. More to come...for now...I want to focus on Hawaii. Ted and will have been married for 10 years this May so we are headed there a little early to celebrate. I feel badly this it is so close to my FL trip and I just left the kids....but I know they will have another great week in MI their Grandparents. One of our nest friends lives in Waikiki beach so we are beyond thrilled to experience the Island with him and all he knows about it. It is sure to be another trip of a lifetime. I feel really blessed how much Ted and I have traveled since we were married nearly 10 years ago.

Though I can feel the rain cloud approaching....we have so much to be grateful for, so many exciting things this Spring coming up (Hawaii, visits from my best girlfriends, and Christina's much anticipated graduation and party). May my Mother and Father watch from above and be on this journey with us. I hope they continue to send down strength as Christina and I push forward the best way we know how.

Miss you so much, Mom and Dad.....sure wish you were here for this exciting year. Miss your smiling faces every single day.

All my love and hope,
Melissa

No comments: