Saturday, January 26, 2013

Elle's birthday

Elle had a great birthday last weekend. SO hard to believe she's 4. Sometimes I feel sad I was so preoccupied her first year of life that I missed out a little. I know I remained strong and happy with her in our life but it was a very challenging few years adjusting to our new life - the life without my parents. We were at a different place when Harry came...

Our house was filled with family and our friends. Fun gifts were opened, a sweet little party at the bookstore took place, a beautiful cake was eaten and her collection of tutus began!!

Elle had her 4 year checkup yesterday and we were thrilled with her growth.
She's still petite but grew several inches putting her in the 70% for height so above average. This was good news since we always thought she was so tiny. Her iron was a little behind where they want it to be so we have to ramp up her iron intake. Lots of spinach and beef and fortified cereal.

Harry is still our husky boy above average in weight and height with a massive head.
It's all brain :) they picked up a little heart murmur but said its nothing to worry about and they're very common so something we'll check every visit.
Shots were not fun at all especially by myself. But we made it through and dad brought home ice cream that evening! I remember very vividly my mom taking us three to the doc. Poor mom...we have you a run for your money. We were always running and giggling. Sorry we didn't behave better. but at times I know you laughed, too.

Feel blessed we have two beautiful healthy children. Wish you were here to see them.

All my love,
Melissa



No comments: